Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Corner???

I have a new rule.  If the "F Bomb" is dropped in my library, it's ten pushups for the first offense, with increases of five for each additional offense.  Today I had an inmate doing pushups and, while he was doing them, another inmate told me, "I wouldn't be able to do pushups."
"Why?" I asked.
He replied, "I have bad wrists." 
"I'll find something else for you to do."
He quickly replied that he couldn't do squats either.
I told him, "That's okay, you can stand in the corner for 10 minutes."
My words must have had a magical healing effect because he then stated, "It's alright, I can do pushups."
I wanted to point out to him that his not dropping the "F Bomb" would be a preventative measure for his doing pushups, but I didn't.  Let him figure that out on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment